Important Notice Regarding Recent Changes Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
As one of your local healthcare providers, Carroll Eye Care greatly understands the importance of the health and safety of our patients in these challenging times. Because we offer a wide range of medical services and elective ocular examinations we are constantly working to make your experience with us both a safe and enjoyable one.
As of May 7th, 2020, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has once again allowed medical offices to resume elective medical visits. Before May 7th, Carroll Eye Care was not allowed to perform non-emergency eye examinations. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused. As we are gradually reopening our practice to routine eye examinations, we have been working hard to implement several changes that should serve to underscore our commitment to your health and safety when visiting our office. Those changes are outlined below
1. Examination time slots have been expanded to better allow both doctors and staff to properly disinfect rooms and common areas between patients.
2. All doctors and staff are required to wear facemasks or face coverings when interacting with patients.
3. All patients are required to wear a facemask or face covering at all times they are inside of Carroll Eye Care. Any patient without a facemask or face covering will be kindly asked to leave Carroll Eye Care.
4. Hand sanitizer, as available, is placed at various points around common areas. Please feel free to disinfect your hands when you enter Carroll Eye Care.
5. Patients are required to let staff members know when and if they want to touch or try glasses on. Staff members are required to clean glasses frames once a patient finishes with those frames.
6. When patients enter Carroll Eye Care, their temperature will be checked and if it is over 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit they will kindly be asked to leave Carroll Eye Care and reschedule their appointment.
7. All staff, when setting up a patient’s appointment, are instructed to ask the patient several important questions, including: if they have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks, if they have been sick in the last 2 weeks, if they have a fever, etc.
8. We are attempting to maintain relatively consistent business hours at this time. That said, please understand that due to high patient volume and fewer time slots available, operating business hours may be subject to some variability.
9. We are asking that all patients picking up glasses call us to set up a time to do so. Curbside glasses pick up is also available at this time.
Carroll Eye Care has been helping patients with emergencies for the past two months in a safe and conscientious manner as we all deal with this COVID-19 pandemic. We are thoroughly intent on maintaining that same level of professionalism and cleanliness going forward that you have come to expect from us for many years now.
Again we thank you and your family for trusting us with all of your eye care needs!